Your resume is one of your most important marketing materials, and getting your resume approved in SpartanCareers is one of the first steps towards securing a job or internship opportunity. By having an approved resume on file you gain full access to the SpartanCareers system.
You can begin searching for openings immediately, but some jobs require an approved resume to apply. The approval process is in place to ensure you meet the baseline requirements for resumes and to encourage you to put your best foot forward when marketing your skills and abilities to potential employers.
Follow these steps to get your resume approved in Spartan Careers:
**Before uploading your resume for approval, review the CSC Resume Guide and Resume Approval Checklist. Resumes must meet all criteria on the checklist. Failure to meet all criteria on the checklist will result in a declined resume.**
- Navigate to the CSC website (uncg.edu/csc) and click on the SpartanCareers tab.
- Log in using your iSpartan username and password.
- Complete your profile if you have not already. You only have to do this once. *When asked about privacy settings, choose to receive emails from the system so you don’t miss important announcements regarding your resume approval.*
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Documents” and “Add New.”
- Name your document (ex: Jenny Jobs Resume) and select “Document Type” as Resume.
- Browse to your resume, click Submit.
Your resume is now in pending status until a Career Team member reviews it. Please allow up to 2 business days for your resume to be reviewed.
Once reviewed, your resume will either be approved (meets all checklist criteria) or declined (did not meet all checklist criteria). You will receive an email confirmation when your resume is approved or an email stating that your resume was declined. If declined, review the feedback that was provided and refer to the Approval Checklist before re-submitting.
Need additional assistance? The Career Team is here for you!
Drop by between 10:00am until 4:00pm Monday – Friday to meet with a Peer Career Ambassador or call (336) 334-5454 to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach.
Get your resume approved today!