A mentoring relationship can be beneficial to both the mentee and mentor in learning about career and graduate and professional school paths. It can be a great way to better define your interests, learn about different opportunities, and hear advice that you can’t read on the Internet. For both people in the relationship, it can provide the opportunity to make connections and network within your field.
- Learn valuable information specific to the career you are interested in pursuing
- Gain advice as your choose your next steps in your career
- Make better informed decisions
- Gain and improve your leadership skills
- Build interpersonal skills
- Make a difference in the life of someone with similar interests and goals
Tips for a good Mentoring Relationship
- Establish goals and guidelines- during your first meeting both of you should discuss your expectations and what you are looking for in this relationship
- Keep open and honest communication
- Get to know each other and have fun!
Does this relationship sound like something you would like to be a part of? Sign-up for the Career Services Center “Spartan Alumni Mentoring Initiative (SAMI)” and we will connect you with a mentor or mentee. To find out more details about the program, watch the JING below.
Mentee Jing: http://www.screencast.com/t/pWoGR5n9
Mentor Jing: http://www.screencast.com/t/1Gsnb9JJ9MN
If you are interested in signing up, click here:
Mentee Registration Form: http://goo.gl/forms/3N7uRquNX5
Mentor Registration Form: http://goo.gl/forms/pj4jdBBeov